9 Cities in 1 Month
July 2 - 30
- Lake Garda
5 Cities in 3 Weeks
July 2 - 21
Forum-Nexus students, faculty, and staff stay in excellent hotels:
ANY major can participate in a summer with Forum-Nexus! You can earn 3, 6, or 9 credits (for 1, 2, or 3 courses - each course is worth 3 credits). We offer a variety of courses that are interesting, relevant, and fun! There are three types of courses: Regular courses, Supervised Independent Study (SIS) courses, and Internships. You may enroll in one or two regular courses, or a combination of a regular course and an SIS course or an internship.
Schedule of Classes
- Section 01 classes are held from 9:00 am - 10:35 am
- International IQ Seminar from 10:40 am - 11:40 am
- Section 02 classes are held from 11:45 am - 1:20 pm
Europe Today: An International IQ Seminar with Dr. H
One of the highlights of Forum-Nexus programs is the emphasis placed on acquiring a higher level of International IQ, defined as the minimum level of international knowledge a student should have in order to present themselves as a cultured and educated individual in an international setting.
All students participate in the International IQ Seminar, conducted by Dr. Hugo Hervitz, which is a daily session in which students can learn about the culture of Italy, gain an understanding of essential European geography and current events, discuss their experiences and cross-cultural interactions, get language tips, and identify ways to have an even more immersive study abroad experience.
One of the things that makes Forum-Nexus unique is the emphasis placed on professional experiences and networking opportunities.
Professional visits take place throughout the program at leading companies and international organizations. Most visits include detailed discussions with executives, followed by a tour of the facilities.
All students participate in Forum-Nexus professional visits.Professional Visits
Independent Cultural Visits
In addition to visiting global companies and organizations, Forum-Nexus students make the most of their time in each city by participating in Independent Cultural Visits (ICVs). These visits may include experiences at historical sites and landmarks, museums, art galleries, traditional music or dance performances, and culturally relevant events.
All students participate in at least 8 ICVs.
In summer 2022, you may elect to have your transcript issued by FUS or UCSC. We recommend that this choice be made in consultation with the study abroad and academic offices of your school.Credit Transfer
All classes and professional visits are conducted in English.
Independent Weekend Day Trips and Excursions
On free weekend days during the program, you may elect to spend your free time exploring the FN city that we are in, or you may choose to travel to another city for a day or for the entire weekend.
An Independent Weekend Day Trip is organized by students and involves traveling to and from the base FN city in the same day, to visit a nearby destination in Italy.
An Independent Weekend Excursion (*) is an overnight trip to another city/country during a weekend. It typically involves leaving Friday evening or Saturday morning, and in most cases, returning on Sunday evening.
We will provide you with recommended itineraries and activities in each of our suggested destinations, but you may choose to enjoy the weekend however you’d prefer. Arrangements for independent weekend day trips and excursions are not covered by FN or included in the program fees. Below are our suggested destinations:
Weekend 1: Rome
- Saturday, July 2 - Opening session of the program
- Sunday, July 3 - Free day for independent sightseeing in Rome
No out-of-town trips are suggested for this weekend
Weekend 2: Rome and Florence
- Saturday, July 9 - Included day trip to Orvieto, Italy
FN students, faculty, and staff will travel from Rome to Florence with a stop in Orvieto, Italy. This day trip is included as part of the official program itinerary. Orvieto is a beautiful small town in Italy situated on a hilltop, which offers incredible views of the surrounding region.
- Sunday, July 10 - Independent Weekend Day Trip to Pisa
Departing Florence Sunday morning via train
Returning to Florence Sunday evening via train
- July 8 - 10 - Independent Weekend Excursion to Amsterdam or Barcelona
Departing Rome Friday afternoon via flight
Returning to Florence Sunday evening via flight
Weekend 3: Milan
- Saturday, July 16 - Included day trip to Bologna, Italy
FN students, faculty, and staff will travel from Florence to Milan with a stop in Bologna, Italy. This day trip is included as part of the official program itinerary. Bologna is the lively capital of the Emilia-Romagna region in northern Italy. Home to the oldest university in the western world and a major center for culinary development, there is no shortage of things to do in Bologna.
- Sunday, July 17 - Independent Weekend Day Trip to Cinque Terre
Departing Milan Sunday morning via train
Returning to Milan Sunday evening via train
- July 15 - 17 - Independent Weekend Excursion to Paris
Departing Florence Friday afternoon via flight
Returning to Milan Sunday evening via flight
Weekend 4: Lake Garda and Venice
- Saturday, July 23 - Free day for independent sightseeing in Lake Garda
- Sunday, July 24 - Free day for independent sightseeing in Lake Garda
- July 23 - 25 - Independent Weekend Excursion to London or Amsterdam
Departing Verona Saturday morning via flight
Returning to Venice Monday evening via flight
We encourage you to take maximum advantage of your free time in Europe. In many cases, this will be achieved through group activities with all Forum-Nexus students, but at other times you will enjoy the company of a smaller number of friends sharing specific interests. In order to facilitate this process, we encourage the formation of the following clubs:
- Fitness and Running Club - For active students wishing to explore each city by running before class in the mornings, hiking (where applicable), and staying fit while studying abroad.
- Photography Club - For photography majors and students who just love to take pictures, this club will meet to explore each city together to take photos of unique neighborhoods, small villages, mountains, and lakes.
- Art and History Club - This club is ideal for students who would like to spend time exploring the amazing wealth of museums, cathedrals and historical sites throughout Italy.
- Food Club - Students in the food club will enjoy visiting authentic and unique restaurants in each city, sampling the local cuisine as well as the gastronomic contribution of immigrant groups in each region.
- Soccer Club - Avid soccer fans will have the opportunity to visit San Siro Stadium in Milan and the Stadio Olimpico in Rome, as well as attend some soccer matches together, or find opportunities for playing soccer in their free time.
- Music and Dancing Club - For students who have an appreciation for music and love to dance, this club may explore each city by attending concerts, listening to live music, learning about local dances in each city, and visiting the most popular venues.
Forum-Nexus is the facilitator of the clubs, but the initiative comes from the students themselves, usually starting via our private Facebook group 1-2 months before the start of the program.
Complete an online application for free here. Admission is on a rolling basis and you are encouraged to apply as early as possible. There is no application fee.
Within one week of receiving an official acceptance notification, a $75 confirmation deposit is due. The deposit is applied to the overall program cost.
Your remaining balance must be paid before June 1st, 2022. Payment extensions are available by request.Apply now! More Information
The information below provides the overall program cost, including tuition, for the 3 main sessions of the Forum-Nexus Ultimate Summer in Italy program. This price includes one 3-credit course. The price of each additional 3-credit course is $855.
Rome to Venice
9 Cities in 1 Month
July 2 - 30
Rome to Milan
5 Cities in 3 Weeks
July 2 - 21
- Tuition for one 3-credit course
- Accommodations in top hotels
- Buffet breakfast in all hotels
- Professional visits
- All transportation within Italy between Rome and Venice by private coach
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Welcome reception
- Farewell dinner
- On-site staff support
- Official transcripts
The following items are not included:
- Round trip ticket to Italy: You are responsible for booking your flight to Rome, and your flight home from the last city of your session (Milan or Venice). From the U.S., the average cost is about $1,200.
- Meals other than breakfast: The estimated cost is $30-35 per day.
- Additional courses: The program cost includes one 3-credit course. You may add one or two additional courses, for a total of 6 or 9 credits. Each additional course is $855.
The information on this page is subject to change.Apply Now! FAQ Contact Request Information Testimonials