Information We Collect
Personal identification information
When you use our website to complete an application or information request, use our web chat feature, consult with our faculty and/or staff, send us an email, or communicate with us in any way, you give us information that we collect. We may collect personal identification information from you, including, but not limited to:
- Contact information, such as first and last name, email address, physical address, phone numbers, and other basic user information
- Academic information, such as your home university, degree, GPA, and advisor’s contact information
- Emergency information, such as your emergency contact, their phone number, and their email address
- Details like gender, location, nationality, birth date, and other demographic information
- Financial-related information, for use in a need-based assistantship application form or in order to process a refund
- Contact information for friends or family members - for example, if you indicated that someone has referred you to FN
- Government or other official Identification Numbers
- Personal documents in support of visa applications
- Photographs, audio and video recordings
- Health and safety information
- Any other information that you voluntarily choose to provide to Forum-Nexus that would help us improve our services
You may visit our site anonymously, and you always have the option to refuse to supply personal identification information, however it may prevent you from engaging in certain activities or opportunities.
Non-personal identification information
We may also collect non-personal identification information about you whenever you interact with our site, and we may store this information in association to your account or link it to other information we collect about you. Examples include the browser name, the type of computer, and the technical information about your means of connecting to our site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized, the website that referred you to our site, and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
Other websites may link to ours. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our site. The inclusion of any link to our site on another site does not create or imply any approval or endorsement of that site by Forum-Nexus. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Forum-Nexus also works with several third-party service providers who promote our programs to you. When you submit your personal information to them for the purposes of receiving information about our programs, they will provide us with that information so that we may contact you.
How We Use Collected Information
Forum-Nexus Study Abroad may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide, maintain, and improve our customer service - Information you provide helps us respond to your questions and inquiries, contact you about important steps to take in the process of enrolling and participating in our programs, and support you as our customer.
- To send periodic emails - We may use the email addresses you provide to send periodic notifications regarding our study abroad programs and offers, scholarship opportunities, deadlines, company news, and other pieces of information. You always have the option to opt-out of these emails via the “Unsubscribe” button at the bottom.
- To improve our website - We may use feedback you provide to improve our website and the overall user experience.
- To provide you with the proper services during our study abroad programs - We may share the personal information of our students with our business partners and trusted affiliates, such as: sponsoring universities; hotels; transport agencies; organizations we visit as part of our professional visits; and to the law enforcement bodies of the countries we visit.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our site.
Our credit card processing vendor also uses security measures to protect your information throughout the transaction process and after each transaction is completed.
Although we take measures to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its security. Any transmission of personal information while using any part of our website or online forms is at your own risk.
We provide enrolled students with a username and password for access to our FN Student Platform. If we have provided you with this login information, you are responsible for keeping such information confidential. Please do not share your username and password with anyone.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes.
Personal Data from International Visitors
Forum-Nexus’ headquarters is in the United States and our web servers are also located in the United States. The privacy and data protection laws in the United States may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence. By submitting your personal information on our website and registering or participating in any Forum-Nexus program, you consent to the transfer to and the processing of your personal data in the United States.
Forum-Nexus Study Abroad
1031 Ives Dairy Road Suite #228
Miami, Florida 33179
Phone number: +1 305-764-2243
This document was last updated on September 29, 2019