Forum-Nexus Study Abroad has a track record of 29 years of successful intensive summer programs around the world. Since 1990, over students have participated in Forum-Nexus international multi-country summer programs in 15 countries. The courses are open to both undergraduate and graduate students, as well as to alumni seeking professional development.
Forum-Nexus programs are unique in that they give participating students a high value added along a number of different dimensions:
- The programs develop the students’ international outlook, fostering a greater appreciation of other cultures and different economic and political environments.
- Classes are dynamic and interactive, taught by experienced, cosmopolitan professors.
- Students get to visit numerous companies, international organizations, and government agencies, and interact with their executives and officials in order to learn about their strategies first-hand.
- The Forum-Nexus cities are world-renowned business and cultural destinations.
- Transcripts issued by prestigious fully-accredited universities.
- Students can earn up to 9 semester credits, which can be used for required or elective courses.
- All students participate in the International IQ Seminar conducted by Dr. Hugo Hervitz, Director of Forum-Nexus.
- Upon successful completion of their courses, all students will receive an official diploma and transcript.
- The cost of the programs is reasonable, given all that is included and the high quality of the professors, the experiences, the professional visits, and the accommodations.
- The students who participate in Forum-Nexus programs are ambitious, open-minded, highly motivated, and share a desire to appreciate the richness of other cultures.
To provide a first-class international educational experience and to foster an appreciation for the richness of other cultures, by offering unique and life-changing summer programs that encourage the exchange of ideas with individuals from around the world, and create a community of students with a passion for learning and exploring the world with an open mind.
Forum-Nexus Study Abroad was founded by Dr. Hugo Hervitz, a highly respected professor of International Business in Miami, an economics commentator for CNN, and a passionate proponent of global education and cross-cultural sensitivity. Dr. Hervitz's goal was to create a forum for discussion and exchange of ideas about the economic, political, cultural and business landscape in Europe. At the same time, the programs were meant to build a nexus between international students and European executives, professors and government officials. Hence the name... Forum-Nexus!
Professor Hervitz assembled a multinational team of experienced senior European professors: Edoardo Teodoro Brioschi, Carlos Moslares García, and Georges Rocourt. The four professors and friends shared a passion for:
- broadening the global perspective of foreign students interested in Europe
- raising their levels of International IQ
- increasing their cross-cultural sensitivity, and
- improving their knowledge of the European economic, political and cultural environment
For the last 29 years, the Forum-Nexus programs have amply achieved these goals with over 3,400 students from the U.S., Latin America, Asia and the Middle East. Over time, our organization has continued to grow in size and scope to become the leading provider of multi-country summer study abroad programs in Europe. At Forum-Nexus, we are proud to offer an unrivaled educational and cultural experience made possible by bringing together outstanding professors and highly trained staff that impart the joy of learning and traveling.
For more information about the composition and background of our team, visit here: Faculty
Each of our courses is designed to comply with curricular guidelines of universities in the U.S. and elsewhere in order to facilitate the transfer of credits.
Our courses are sponsored by three European universities: Franklin University Switzerland, in Lugano, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Milan, and the IQS School of Management in Barcelona.
To learn more about credit transfer and the universities that have already accepted our transcripts:Credit Transfer
Our goal is to provide the best educational experience for our students. Our methods of course and program delivery are distinctive among study abroad programs. Our students are immersed in the cultures and customs of the different countries we visit. Only Forum-Nexus students have the opportunity to learn while traveling, visiting many of the most exciting countries and cities in the world. Only Forum-Nexus students take their classes at prestigious universities from world-renowned professors. And only Forum-Nexus students visit leading international companies and interact with officials of prominent international organizations. The overall educational experience offered by Forum-Nexus is the most comprehensive, enjoyable, and rewarding study abroad experience available anywhere.
Students in our program are interested in a wide variety of disciplines and subjects. In order to facilitate their choice of courses, students can select one of 9 concentrations, and then select a specific track within the concentration.
View all academic concentrations and tracks here: Courses, Concentrations, and Tracks
Our 2019 Itinerary
FN Summer in Europe
- Barcelona (Spain)
- Paris (France)
- Geneva (Switzerland)
- Chamonix (France)
- Lugano (Switzerland)
- Lake Como (Italy)
- Milan (Italy)
- Rome (Italy)
- Rhodes (Greek Islands)
If you would like to know what our former students have to say about their Forum-Nexus experience, you can read and watch their testimonials here. Also, you can learn much more about their experiences by visiting our gallery of pictures and videos.
The Forum-Nexus Refer-a-Friend Program
If you are motivated to study abroad and are willing to be creative and entrepreneurial, you can help offset your program costs by referring students to Forum-Nexus from among your friends, family, classmates, fraternities, sororities, Facebook, clubs, organizations, dorms, etc. Learn more here.
Internships and Financial Aid
Students who are looking for ways to help finance their Forum-Nexus study abroad experience have several options.