Forum-Nexus Study Abroad has a track record of 27 years of successful intensive summer programs in Europe. Since 1990, over students have participated in Forum-Nexus programs in Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Germany, Switzerland, Turkey, Austria, Holland and the Czech Republic. The courses are open to both undergraduate and graduate students, as well as to alumni seeking professional development. Forum-Nexus programs are unique in that they give participating students a high value added along a number of different dimensions:
- The programs develop the students’ international outlook, fostering a greater appreciation of other cultures and different economic and political environments.
- Classes are dynamic and interactive, taught by experienced, cosmopolitan professors.
- Students get to visit numerous companies, international organizations, government agencies, and interact with their executives and officials in order to learn about their strategies first-hand.
- The Forum-Nexus cities are world-renowned business and cultural destinations.
- The host universities are fully accredited and rank among the best in Europe.
- Students can earn up to 8 semester credits, which can be used for required or elective courses.
- All students participate in the International IQ Seminar conducted by Dr. Hugo Hervitz, Director of Forum-Nexus.
- Upon successful completion of their courses all students will receive an official diploma and transcript.
- The cost of the programs is reasonable, given all that is included and the high quality of the professors, the universities, the professional visits, and the accommodations.
- The students who participate in Forum-Nexus programs are ambitious, open-minded, highly motivated, and share a desire to appreciate the richness of other cultures.
To provide a first-class international educational experience and to foster an appreciation for the richness of other cultures, by offering unique and life-changing summer programs that encourage the exchange of ideas with individuals from around the world, and create a community of students with a passion for learning and exploring the world with an open mind.
Forum-Nexus Study Abroad was founded by Dr. Hugo Hervitz, a highly respected professor of International Business in Miami, an economics commentator for CNN, and a passionate proponent of global education and cross-cultural sensitivity. Dr. Hervitz's goal was to create a forum for discussion and exchange of ideas about the economic, political, cultural and business landscape in Europe. At the same time, the programs were meant to build a nexus between international students and European executives, professors and government officials. Hence the name... Forum-Nexus!
Professor Hervitz assembled a multinational team of experienced senior European professors: Edoardo Teodoro Brioschi, Carlos Moslares García, and Georges Rocourt. The four professors and friends shared a passion for:
- broadening the global perspective of foreign students interested in Europe
- raising their levels of International IQ
- increasing their cross-cultural sensitivity, and
- improving their knowledge of the European economic, political and cultural environment
For the last 27 years, the Forum-Nexus programs have amply achieved these goals with over 3,300 students from the U.S., Latin America, Asia and the Middle East. Over time, Forum-Nexus Study Abroad has continued to grow in size and scope to become the leading provider of multi-country summer abroad programs in Europe. Forum-Nexus offers an unrivaled educational and cultural experience made possible by bringing together outstanding professors and highly trained staff that impart the joy of learning and traveling through Europe.
For more information about the composition and background of our team, visit here: Faculty
Each of our courses is designed to comply with curricular guidelines of universities in the U.S. and elsewhere in order to facilitate the transfer of credits.
Our courses are sponsored by three European universities: Franklin University in Switzerland, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Italy, and IQS School of Management in Spain. Transcripts may be issued by any of the three schools, upon request. All three are fully accredited but Franklin University has the added advantage of being accredited as a U.S. school.
To learn more about credit transfer and the universities that have already accepted our transcripts:Credit Transfer
Our primary focus is to provide the best possible educational experience for our students. Our methods of course and program delivery are distinctive among study abroad programs. Our students are immersed in the cultures and customs of the different countries we visit. Only Forum-Nexus students have the opportunity to learn while traveling throughout Europe visiting many of the most exciting countries and cities in the world; only Forum-Nexus students receive their classes at prestigious European universities from world-renowned professors; only Forum-Nexus students visit and explore leading international companies and interact with officials of prominent international organizations. The overall educational experience offered by Forum-Nexus is the most comprehensive, enjoyable, rewarding study abroad experience available, without equal in the industry.
In each of our programs we offer a wide variety of courses for undergraduate and graduate students majoring in business, economics, political science, international studies, finance, communication, sociology, and many other fields. Here is a partial list of our courses:
- Cross-Cultural Communication: Understanding Cultural Differences in Europe
- Cross-Cultural Management: European, U.S. and Global Perspectives
- Cultural Intelligence: Working with People from Other Cultures
- International Business: Multidisciplinary perspectives with an emphasis on economic, political and social issues
- International Financial Markets: Understanding the Roots of the Global Economic Crisis
- International Marketing
- Introduction to the European Union: Multidisciplinary perspectives with an emphasis on economic, political and cultural issues
- Social and Ethical Issues in Business and Society: European, U.S. and Global Perspectives
You can read our full list of courses, and their syllabi, here: Courses Offered
Forum Europe Summer 2017: 9 Cities in 5 weeks
- Barcelona (Spain)
- Chamonix (France)
- Geneva (Switzerland)
- Paris (France)
- Milan (Italy)
- Lugano (Switzerland)
- Como (Italy)
- Rome (Italy)
- Rhodes (Greek Islands)
If you would like to know what our former students have to say about their Forum-Nexus experience, you can read and watch their testimonials here. Also, you can learn much more about their experiences by visiting our gallery of pictures and videos.
The Forum-Nexus Refer-a-Friend Program
If you are motivated to study abroad and are willing to be creative and entrepreneurial, you can help offset your program costs by referring students to Forum-Nexus from among your friends, family, classmates, fraternities, sororities, Facebook, clubs, organizations, dorms, etc. Learn more here.
Internships and Financial Aid
Students who are looking for ways to help finance their Forum-Nexus study abroad experience have several options.